[ What's new ? | General Info | Search the Net | About this page... ]
[ Confucius | Mencius | Lao Tzu | Chuang Tzu | I Ching | Sun Tzu | Guigu Tzu | Others ]
This page has been designed for the purpose of organizing the
resources on Chinese philosophy that can be found in the 'cyberspace'.
It is my goal in setting up this page to attract more people,
who are interested in searching for the answers of their life,
not to limit themselves within the scope of traditional Western
philosophies, but to open themselves to some alternatives offered
by several schools of Chinese philosophy. But, since there're
countless on-line materials on the Internet that're about Chinese
philosophy, and some of which I am not aware of, I would greatly
appreciate it if any of you can point them out to me. Also, all
suggestions and comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated.
* NOTE: Links to on-line documents are followed by note in parenthesis
indicating the format in which the documents can be viewed, i.e.
(English), (GIF), (BIG-5), (HZ8), and so forth. If you want more
information on how to read Chinese characters on-line, please
check the Chinese-Language-Related Information Page.
* If you are having trouble reading or understanding the Chinese texts, please check here to get a free web browser that will translate web pages with Chinese characters to English. What's also interesting about this free web browser is that you will also get paid by the maker of the web browser if you use it to surf the web !! It's definitely worth the try.
- The Shaman Atheist :: The Dao of Atheism This site contains '81 chapters of the Dao de jing with commentary'. A different, but, nonetheless, interesting approach to the study of the Tao Te Ching. Check it out !!
- The Dynamic Structure of Space This site contains 'an on-line document (in English) which describes space-time as a dynamic structure'. The interesting thing here is that, 'it turns out that the dynamic structure of space can be understood as a relational matrix visualized as overlapping images of the T'ai-chi Tu !!' Quite interesting.
- Chinese Philosophy Page, by Steven A. Brown. Perhaps the MOST complete list of materials related to Chinese Philosophy and the Chinese culture.
Related Newsgroup. . .
Other web pages devoted to Taoism. . .
- Taoism Information Page This site contains several electronic texts of Tao Teh Ching and I Ching, as well as numerous pointers to other information related to Taoism.
- Taoism This page not only has links to some electronic texts of Tao Teh Ching and I Ching but you can also find Winnie-the-Pooh, the Tao bear :-)
- Fung Loy Kok Institute of Taoism A center for Taoist studies dedicated to the teaching and practice of Taoism.
- Center for Chinese Studies Library, at University of California, Berkeley. A good place to find references related to Chinese philosophy.
- Asian Library at University of Michigan. Another good place to find references pertinent to Chinese philosophy.
Your suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated.
Please send them to at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you !!
Last updated on March 10, 1996
Copyright (c)1996 by Francisco S. Su